Wednesday

An Overlooked Tool

















Pry Bars are the number three most important tool you will ever carry.

The Knife, Hammer and then Pry Bar make up the urban survivors tool kit. With a multi tool to act as Pliers, these few tools can make most survival tasks possible.

Be it opening Cans Lids, Lock Hasps, Crates, Windows, Doors, Cabinets, lockers or anything that must be FORCED open such as a survivor might need without the need for subtlety.

I have seen some of the tiny pocket pry bars sold for key chains and these are real cool (if not Cute) for opening your beer can, they are just a bit shy for real work. A full sized CROW bar is not always easy or convenient to carry.

I searched for a prying tool that would not only carry well but would actually do the job, not just look cute on my key ring.

These are my Pry Tools.

I carry two types of bars, one small belt pry and one in an outer pocket of my go pack.

Wrapped with para cord for cushion, grip and insulation, these small bars also sport rubber end covers. They need em too. I semi sharpen the flats of the pry to better penetrate paint or rust. Mind you, not sharp enough to cut (although I could stab a mad dog if need be) but with a nice working edge.

I found a flashlight case that fits my hand pry as if made for riding on my belt. No danger of sitting on a edge or having your pack punctured.




Not so small that you can't really use them for serious work but compact enough for every day carry in pack or on belt.

Lets face it, sooner or later you're gonna need a pry bar. so pick up one or two of these handy flat irons, find a way to pack em so they are always close at hand. You will thank me.

Watch your six
RJ